Worship - our "reasonable act of service"
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship."
- reasonable service
- worship in spirit and in truth
"You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:
8 “‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
9 in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”
- don't be a hypocrite - just worshipping with your lips and in vain...
- not with your heart...
" Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
- Do you worship what you know?
- These are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks!
- God is Spirit and His worshippers but worship in Spirit and in Truth!
"I Exalt You"
"When the Praises go Up, His Glory will always come down!
- Yes, Lord, I'm going through things but I will still exalt you!
" The crowd joined in attacking them, and the magistrates tore the garments off them and gave orders to beat them with rods. 23 And when they had inflicted many blows upon them, they threw them into prison, ordering the jailer to keep them safely. 24 Having received this order, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks.
The Philippian Jailer Converted
25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them,"
- Midnight - when you feel pain...
- when you worship the Lord from the bottom of your heart, He can turn your situation upside-down - turning it all around for your good! (Romans 8:28)
- your worship can change the lives of your entire family
Must = no other options
We Must worship in Spirit and in Truth!
- Because that is what God wants from us!
- Offer your bodies as a living Sacrifice
WAYS TO WORSHIP:
- Singing Psalm 96 NIV. "Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day."
- Lifting your hands ("So I throw up my hands and Praise you again and again, cause all that I have is a Hallelujah..." - Gratitude")
- Clapping your hands Psalm 41:1 “O clap your hands, all peoples; Shout to God with the voice of joy.”
- Dancing & Playing instruments Psalms 149:3-9 New Living Translation (NLT) Praise his name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp. For the LORD delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let the faithful rejoice that he honors them. Let them sing for joy as they lie on their beds.
- Kneeling before the Lord Psalms 95:6-7 King James Version (KJV) "O come, let us worship and bow down: Let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; And we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand."
- Laughter Psalm 126:2: “We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, 'What amazing things the Lord has done for them. '”
When the praises go up, His Glory comes down!
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
*Next, click here to watch the full replay of this sermon: Back to Basics - Part 2: Spiritual Act of Service.