Lessons from the 7 Churches of Revelation - Pt 5: Sardis - A Wake-Up Call!
Pastor Boniface Mgonja
Are you awake or asleep?
“Write this letter to the angel of the church in Sardis. This is the message from the one who has the sevenfold Spirit of God and the seven stars:
“I know all the things you do, and that you have a reputation for being alive—but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of my God. Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief.
“Yet there are some in the church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with evil. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.
“Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches."
- God see the truth - what has really been going on!
- Go back to what you believed at first...hold to it firmly
- Repent and turn to me again...
- Our standard should be the word of God
- Keep doing what you have been doing - stay faithful to the very end.
- Rejoice because your names are registerd in Heaven - in the Book of Life!
*Imagine God publicly announcing your name in Heaven -- saying: "[Your Name] is Mine! He/She belongs to Me!" What an amazing JOY that will be! "Well done, my good and faithful servant!"
- Anyone with an ear to hear must LISTEN to the Spirit and Understand!
- Pay attention, listen and obey!
Next, click here to watch the full replay of this Sermon: "Lessons from the 7 Churches of Revelation - Part 5: Sardis - A Wake-Up Call!"