Savoring the Bread of Life - Pastor Ken & Lena Solbrekken (Special Guest Speakers)
Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4
- "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God"
1. Living by God's Word means to Humble yourself
- If you are not humble, God will need to humbe you before he can use you for His purposes...
- Humility is required for complete submission to God -
- Humbling ourselves allows us to acknowledge our dependence on God
2. Living by God's Word means believing His Word-
- We should be hungry for more of God
- Do you Believe every word in the Bible to be true?
- "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" -2 Timothy 3:16
3. Living by God's Word means to Follow His Commandments
- Active & Dynamic
- I am the Lord thy God! Thou shalt have no other Gods but me!
- Thou shalt not take the Name of the Lord thy God in vain!
- Thou shalt keep the Sabbath Day holy!
- Thou shalt honor father and mother!
- Thou shalt not kill!
- Thou shalt not commit adultery!
- Thou shalt not steal!
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor!
- Do not let thyself lust after thy neighbor’s wife!
- Thou shalt not covet
- (Exodus 20)
4. Living by God's Word means to recognize that God is our Ultimate Provider
- Do we eat to live or live to eat??
- Is life not more than food and the body more than clothing??
*Next, click here to watch the full replay of this sermon from special guest speaker, Pastor Ken Solbrekken: "Savoring the Bread of Life."